Welcome to the opening episode of the Arbory Digital Experience Podcast! The opening episode (available both on Youtube and the podcasting platform of your choice) is a talk with veteran CMS & Digital Experience Platform architects Tad Reeves of Arbory Digital and Raf Winterpacht of Perficient.
Raf & Tad dive into the multifaceted ordeal of how to decide whether or not you have the right digital experience platform running your site, and the many things you should be thinking of when choosing a new one.
Hotlinks to some key moments in the discussion:
- 0:00 – How to choose a DXP – introductions
- 2:54 – Goals for the Discussion
- 5:41 – Requirements baggage from legacy CMS systems
- 6:30 – Do you need a diesel pickup truck or an e-bike?
- 8:36 – What is a DXP and how is it different from a CMS?
- 17:00 – You can’t just “drop in” a new CMS or Digital Experience Platform
- 22:10 – Staffing Considerations and building for the long haul
- 26:08 – Going fully-headless
- 30:30 – Asset Management – how much “smarts” do you need in your DAM?
- 34:10 – Story time: Asset Issues in China
- 36:37 – AI Smarts in your DXP – how much of that AI is useful?
- 43:24 – Automating Asset Workflows – even Photoshop
- 47:50 – Evaluating enterprise integrations when considering a new DXP
- 52:54 – Infrastructure, VPN and data residency concerns
- 59:10 – Wrapping Up
And this is just our first episode! We’ve got a number of other episodes in the works on the subjects of Adobe Experience Manager, DevOps on your Marketing Stack, whether or not everything should be headless, and much much more!
You can also subscribe to this podcast on Spotify, with other podcast platforms soon to come.
Please let us know your feedback, and anything else you’d like to see!